Discovery Preschool and Family Center is a Reggio inspired preschool searching for qualified teachers, aides and substitutes! . Please see below for application packet requirements.
Under general supervision, serve as a model teacher to staff; provide developmental care and supervision to children enrolled at Discovery; implement Reggio methods of curriculum design; implement age appropriate Reggio curriculum for children; establish and maintain supportive relationships with children and parents; and perform related work as required.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Examples of key duties are interpreted as being descriptive and not restrictive in nature.
1. Provides continuous supervision to children enrolled at Discovery; ensures health and safety of children, records daily observations of children's behavior and activities; monitors behavioral patterns and develops assessment and profiles.
2. Documentation completed for child learning and interests.
3. Organizes or assists in parent conferences and events; oversees scheduling of parent/teacher conferences to discuss children's development.
4. Monitors children for signs of child abuse and reports incidents of suspected abuse to appropriate authorities.
5. Purchases supplies and materials for classroom use.
6. Maintains current knowledge in the field of Early Childhood Development; attends training and professional conferences.
7. Supervises, trains and directs the work of staff and short-term, non-continuing personnel.
Early childhood development and appropriate practices for infants, toddlers, and young children; nurturing, care giving and education of young children; concepts of Reggio curriculum development and implementation; principles of observation and assessment of young children; solid foundation in other aspects of child development; principles of parent communication and support.
ECE units required (depends on position applying for)
Associate's Degree in Child Development is preferred.
Also recommended is a minimum of two years preschool teaching experience.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATE:
depends on position applying for
Must have clear LiveScan, fingerprinting, otherwise an exemption must be filed with CA Social Services Department. In the case of an exemption, the position will not be held during the time needed/ required for an exemption to be filed. Must be able to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, lifting children or heavy items (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking. Must be able to work safely in an environment containing biological conditions which may be unhealthful or hazardous (such as bodily fluids and waste, germs, childhood diseases). Must pass fingerprint clearance test for all appropriate agencies (such as FBI, Department of Justice, and Child Abuse Index Services). Implement a program based on sound principles of child development; interact positively with children and act as an appropriate adult role model; meet Title 5 and Title XXII regulations; enforce and apply all laws, rules and regulations; read, understand and interpret standard official legal documents; communicate effectively in English; apply concepts of integrated curriculum development in a non-biased manner; give and follow written and oral instructions; exercise judgment and discretion in analyzing and resolving problems; maintain accurate and detailed records; maintain cooperative working relationships; demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse population.
START DATE: July
Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Two letters of Recommendation
CPR Certification or proof of intention to enroll
FOR QUESTIONS: Please email email@example.com